Story submission rules which will be followed or your story will be taken down and you will be asked to reformat it.
1. Spellcheck with a US or UK English spellchecker and proofread before posting.
2. If English is not your native language, we commend you for writing in English. However, this means writing in English, not running your story through Google Translator and publishing that. As we all know, Google Translator is shit. Find a beta who will help you translate into commonly used, spoken English.
2. Basic punctuation must be correct: capital letter at the beginning of each sentence, proper ending punctuation at the end, etc. Possessives must be properly formed as well (Axl's shriek, not Axls shriek).
3. Dialogue punctuation must be correct. Many people get this wrong, especially when it comes to when to use commas vs. periods and when to use For an explanation of correct dialogue punctuation visit http://www.rockfic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5064.
4. Every paragraph must have a blank line between it and the next one. This includes brief dialogue paragraphs as well. If you're unsure of how your story should look, check out other stories on the site.
Helpful hint: Take a look at well-reviewed stories already on the site and model your formatting and punctuation after those.
Rockfic.com reserves the right to remove any fics posted to the site for any reason and without notice. However, the most likely reasons for removal of fics include: