Story submission rules which will be followed or your story will be taken down and you will be asked to reformat it.
1. Spellcheck with a US or UK English spellchecker and proofread before posting.
2. If English is not your native language, we commend you for writing in English. However, this means writing in English, not running your story through Google Translator and publishing that. As we all know, Google Translator is shit. Find a beta who will help you translate into commonly used, spoken English.
3. Basic punctuation must be correct: capital letter at the beginning of each sentence, proper ending punctuation at the end, etc. Possessives must be properly formed as well (Axl's shriek, not Axls shriek).
4. Dialogue punctuation must be correct. Many people get this wrong, especially when it comes to when to use commas vs. periods and when to use For an explanation of correct dialogue punctuation visit http://www.rockfic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5064.
5. Every paragraph must have a blank line between it and the next one. This includes brief dialogue paragraphs as well. If you're unsure of how your story should look, check out other stories on the site.
Helpful hint: Your formatting should look like this:
A tall black woman in a long, slinky red dress stopped at his table. She had flawless skin and subtle make up. Thick, long blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders and her red shoes, just visible beneath the dress, looked painfully high. With a sigh, she placed a hand on her hip and stared at him.
"Another drink, Mr Grohl?"
Picking up the empty champagne glass, he grinned and waved it at her. She took it and placed it on the silver tray that rested on her other hand.
"Where are your friends, Mr Grohl?" She sounded exasperated, as though dealing with a child. It was what he expected of people after he'd had a few drinks.
He shrugged, suddenly feeling uncomfortable in the suit jacket and shirt. "Don't know. Gone."
"And no one wants to talk to you?"
"Not tonight, Lucy, obviously."
Lucy rolled her dark eyes. "Well, I'll come and keep you company if I have to. Or maybe you can watch some of our fine entertainment."
His face lit up. "You'd come and sit with me?"
"Only if you behave." She pointed a red polished finger at him. "I've heard about you and I'm off the market so you can keep those hands to yourself."
Raising them above his head, Dave chuckled. "Yes, ma'am!"
6. Your stories should have fully developed characters in them. This is fine if you're writing just band members. However, if you're writing original characters we need to know their name, quirks, what they look like etc. Anything that involves an "insert your name" character will be deleted without a warning.
7. If your story contains graphic depictions of sex and/or violence, it must remain on the access default setting of 'logged-in users only'. Please do not change the access to everyone as this allows visitors to the site to read your explicit story. If we find you ignoring this rule, your work will be deleted and you may lose your account. This is for the safety and protection of minors as well as the site.
Rockfic.com reserves the right to remove any fics posted to the site for any reason and without notice. However, the most likely reasons for removal of fics include: