Rockfic — Band fiction that rocks [ 6,367 stories by 865 authors ]

The all new Post Any Bugs You Find thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Highway Joe
Entered Rehab

Stories: 45
Reviews: 323
Official Biffno Winner
We seem to have a bug regarding Blind Guardian stories. No idea how to move an entire thread (I suspect that--unlike He-Man--I do not have the power to do so), so here's a link to the thread where a reader flagged it:

http://www.rockfic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8458&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Permalink     Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:38 am     Reply with quote
When in doubt, just swerve right onto the Constant Learning Curve.

5:00 am, I am fading. Ghost on the pavement. I celebrate futility within -Katatonia, "Passer"

Writing is a solitary business. It takes over your life. In some sense, a writer has no life of his own. Even when he is there, he is not really there. Another ghost. -Paul Auster, Ghosts

Augustine
Site Admin

Stories: 9
Reviews: 1042
Highway Joe wrote:
We seem to have a bug regarding Blind Guardian stories. No idea how to move an entire thread (I suspect that--unlike He-Man--I do not have the power to do so), so here's a link to the thread where a reader flagged it:

http://www.rockfic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8458&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I updated the story counts for the bands (has to be done every once in a while anyway) and we're now showing 12 Blind Guardian stories. Hopefully that's all of them. Smile Sorry about the bug, everyone.
Permalink     Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:53 pm     Reply with quote
I`ll say it again
L is for LOVE, baby
O is for OH yes I do
V is for VIRTUE, so I ain`t gonna hurt you
E is for EVEN if you want me to
R is for RENDER unto me, baby
M is for that which is MINE, and
A is for ANY old how, darling, and
N is for ANY old time

Luftballons
Playing in a Garage Band

Stories: 26
Reviews: 29
OK, not sure what happened (although it seems to have been a glitch), but Soundgarden have vanished. From the fic section, I mean, not in real life. I can still access Soundgarden fics from my stories page and from my internet history, but if you click on 'Soundgarden' from the story there's nothing there.
Permalink     Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:43 pm     Reply with quote

NWesternRockAddict
Booking Wedding Gigs

Stories: 44
Reviews: 65
Luftballons wrote:
OK, not sure what happened (although it seems to have been a glitch), but Soundgarden have vanished. From the fic section, I mean, not in real life. I can still access Soundgarden fics from my stories page and from my internet history, but if you click on 'Soundgarden' from the story there's nothing there.

It could be a glitch, Luftballoons, but could you have maybe accidentally hit the button next to them on the bandlist to hide them? I just looked out of curiosity after seeing this and they're on the band list from my end. And your stories and everyone else's are there when I click on it.

I have accidentally hit the hide button on the band list before when trying to select one (usually when I'm out and trying it on my tiny phone screen) and similar things have happened, so try checking your hidden band list from the "your stuff" page and see if Soundgarden is there.
Permalink     Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 pm     Reply with quote
\"Nothing before you, nothing behind, thoughtlessly chasing the thunder; Traveling lightly, traveling blind, never detouring to wonder why...\" ~ Dan Fogelberg, \"Times Like These\"

\"Some would say conflicting opinions carry equal weight, but there is only one truth.\" ~ Jeff Pilson, Foreigner, Dokken, and T&N

\"You have to make mistakes to know where they are.\" ~ Warren DeMartini, Ratt

\"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try\"~ Dennis DeYoung, Styx

\"You can play with fire, but you\'re gonna get burned!\" ~ Nico (my comedian of a little cousin)

Luftballons
Playing in a Garage Band

Stories: 26
Reviews: 29
No idea how that happened. Everything's working now though, thanks!
Permalink     Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:49 pm     Reply with quote

Sailorhathor
Singing in the Shower

Reviews: 11
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but my list of favorite stories has suddenly disappeared. I have it set to show all stories. Just nothing there now. I want 'em back.

*Falls to knees in the rain* WHYYYYYY GOD???!
Permalink     Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:08 pm     Reply with quote
~* laurel *~
"Maybe there is no moral to this story."
"Nah, it's just a bunch of stuff that happened." - The Simpsons

"I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade, it might be too sharp..." - Sia

"Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life
You made it this far
Welcome, you gotta believe
that right here, right now,
you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome to wherever you are..." - Bon Jovi

Augustine
Site Admin

Sailorhathor wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but my list of favorite stories has suddenly disappeared. I have it set to show all stories. Just nothing there now. I want 'em back.

Depending on whose stories were included in the list, it could be that they're not showing up because the author(s) hid or removed them. You can try PMing the author to see if they would be willing to give you a link to the hidden fics and/or a copy of the story.

However, if the stories are visible elsewhere on the site, that suggests an issue with your favorites list. Not sure what can be done from this end until I know whether the stories are missing due to being hidden by the author or if it's a technical glitch.
Permalink     Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm     Reply with quote
I`ll say it again
L is for LOVE, baby
O is for OH yes I do
N is for ANY old time

Sailorhathor
Singing in the Shower

It is just one author. I have direct links to the stories and I can still see them. Also went to the Ficmas list and loaded a story from this author that I have not read before/never loaded, and it's there. When I go to the author's profile, it says they have posted 0 stories. Question
Permalink     Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 pm     Reply with quote
~* laurel *~

This is your life
You made it this far

Augustine
Site Admin

Sailorhathor wrote:
It is just one author. I have direct links to the stories and I can still see them. Also went to the Ficmas list and loaded a story from this author that I have not read before/never loaded, and it's there. When I go to the author's profile, it says they have posted 0 stories. Question

That means this particular author has hidden their stories, which would explain why stories they wrote for Ficmas are still showing up under the tree but not in their profile. Hope that helps answer your question. Good news is it's not a technical glitch (yay?).
Permalink     Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:51 pm     Reply with quote
I`ll say it again
L is for LOVE, baby
O is for OH yes I do
N is for ANY old time

Sailorhathor
Singing in the Shower

Awww. Oh well. At least I know how it works now. I thought my favorites list was broken!
Permalink     Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:00 am     Reply with quote
~* laurel *~

This is your life
You made it this far

Highway Joe
Entered Rehab

Stories: 45
Reviews: 323
Official Biffno Winner
Flagging this, because it keeps happening (it's been at least a month of it by now).

I keep getting this message ("No topics or posts met your search criteria") when I click on "View posts since last visit" even if I haven't actually viewed any of them yet.

Not a biggie (they're right there on the sidebar), but still flagging it.
Permalink     Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 pm     Reply with quote
When in doubt, just swerve right onto the Constant Learning Curve.

5:00 am, I am fading. Ghost on the pavement. I celebrate futility within -Katatonia, "Passer"

Writing is a solitary business. It takes over your life. In some sense, a writer has no life of his own. Even when he is there, he is not really there. Another ghost. -Paul Auster, Ghosts

BaronZemo
Playing in a Garage Band

Stories: 37
Reviews: 67
Found another one! Venom has fics but no live link on the Bands page.
Permalink     Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:05 am     Reply with quote

Augustine
Site Admin

BaronZemo wrote:
Found another one! Venom has fics but no live link on the Bands page.

Should be fixed now.
Permalink     Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:56 pm     Reply with quote
I`ll say it again
L is for LOVE, baby
O is for OH yes I do
N is for ANY old time

NWesternRockAddict
Booking Wedding Gigs

Stories: 44
Reviews: 65
I do believe the site is going crazy on me... half the links aren't working. I've "logged out" five times now, and I'm still logged in. It sends me to the homepage, still showing me logged in, and if I refresh or hit logout again, it doesn't change (so if I show as logged in, I'm not necessarily logged in!)

It's been doing that since last night to me -and also, it's doing this weird "flashback" (I guess that's the word to describe it...) where if I go to fics in my reading list that I got part of the way through and am returning to, the reviews and message posts on the side panel show what was there the last time I was on the page. If I refresh it -it changes to what the recents are currently. Question This one isn't troublesome, but it's kinda weird.

And then when I was going through my stories, looking at them to try and pick up inspiration (because I'm trying to write, but ongoing circumstances are pulling my motivation down), half the time when I click on a story link, it sends me to the homepage or the forum instead of opening the story, and I can't get to it... Confused

Any ideas as to what's going on? Neutral It might go away on its own and just be a glitch, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen and knows a way to fix it.
Permalink     Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:44 pm     Reply with quote
\"Nothing before you, nothing behind, thoughtlessly chasing the thunder; Traveling lightly, traveling blind, never detouring to wonder why...\" ~ Dan Fogelberg, \"Times Like These\"

\"Some would say conflicting opinions carry equal weight, but there is only one truth.\" ~ Jeff Pilson, Foreigner, Dokken, and T&N

\"You have to make mistakes to know where they are.\" ~ Warren DeMartini, Ratt

\"Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try\"~ Dennis DeYoung, Styx

\"You can play with fire, but you\'re gonna get burned!\" ~ Nico (my comedian of a little cousin)

midnight_moonlight
Site Admin

Stories: 267
Reviews: 1271
Yep. It does it from time to time. Be patient and it'll right itself. Normally it's down to the site backing itself up or them upgrading the servers.
Permalink     Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:46 pm     Reply with quote
They'll be going down harder than Dave Grohl on a promise. - Rockfic chat comment

Page 25 of 26
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Jump to:  
© Rockfic.com, since 2004. Rockfic.com is in no way associated with any band listed on this website. Rockfic.com is entertainment. All stories contained on this site are fictional, which means that while the characters may be loosely based on the public personas of real people, the stories themselves are completely ungrounded from reality and are in no way meant to reflect the private lives, actual practices, or activities of any persons named. Rockfic.com will remove a work of fiction if an individual named within requests its removal. If you have any questions or problems, contact admin@rockfic.com.
Band fiction that rocks, since 2004