Just so we have these all in one place...
Be Nice or Leave.
Rockfic operates a strict anti-bullying and anti-harassment policy. If you have a problem with someone, get in touch. We will do our best to get all sides of the story before making a decision.
General Submission Rules
Story submission rules which will be followed or your story will be taken down and you will be asked to reformat it.
1. Spellcheck with a US or UK English spellchecker and proofread before posting.
2. If English is not your native language, we commend you for writing in English. However, this means writing in English, not running your story through Google Translator and publishing that. As we all know, Google Translator is shit. Find a beta who will help you translate into commonly used, spoken English.
3. Basic punctuation must be correct: capital letter at the beginning of each sentence, proper ending punctuation at the end, etc. Possessives must be properly formed as well (Axl's shriek, not Axls shriek).
4. Dialogue punctuation must be correct. Many people get this wrong, especially when it comes to when to use commas vs. periods and when to use For an explanation of correct dialogue punctuation visit http://www.rockfic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5064
5. Every paragraph must have a blank line between it and the next one. This includes brief dialogue paragraphs as well. If you're unsure of how your story should look, check out other stories on the site.
Helpful hint: Your formatting should look like this:
Quote:A tall black woman in a long, slinky red dress stopped at his table. She had flawless skin and subtle make up. Thick, long blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders and her red shoes, just visible beneath the dress, looked painfully high. With a sigh, she placed a hand on her hip and stared at him.
"Another drink, Mr Grohl?”
Picking up the empty champagne glass, he grinned and waved it at her. She took it and placed it on the silver tray that rested on her other hand.
"Where are your friends, Mr Grohl?” She sounded exasperated, as though dealing with a child. It was what he expected of people after he'd had a few drinks.
He shrugged, suddenly feeling uncomfortable in the suit jacket and shirt. "Don't know. Gone.”
"And no one wants to talk to you?”
"Not tonight, Lucy, obviously.”
Lucy rolled her dark eyes. "Well, I'll come and keep you company if I have to. Or maybe you can watch some of our fine entertainment.”
His face lit up. "You'd come and sit with me?”
"Only if you behave.” She pointed a red polished finger at him. "I've heard about you and I'm off the market so you can keep those hands to yourself.”
Raising them above his head, Dave chuckled. "Yes, ma'am!”
6. Your stories should have fully developed characters in them. This is fine if you're writing just band members. However, if you're writing original characters we need to know their name, quirks, what they look like etc. Anything that involves an "insert your name" character will be deleted without a warning.
Rockfic.com reserves the right to remove any fics posted to the site for any reason and without notice. However, the most likely reasons for removal of fics include:
- Explicit sex involving anyone under the age of 16
- Explicit sex between an adult and a minor (To clarify, a minor is classed as someone who is under the age of consent in the country or state that your story is set in. Age of consent by country/state can be found here.
Please note: If the age of consent is unspecified or under 16 then your story will still be removed and your details will be given to the authorities.)
Age of Consent by Country/State
- Plagiarism or other intellectual property rights issue
- A request from the musician(s)/band(s) or any other real person whose name was used in the fic
- The fact that the posted "fic" wasn't actually fic. (People come to Rockfic expecting to read fanfic about bands; anything else posted to the archives will be removed. Repeated offenses can get your account suspended.)
- The fact that the posted fic didn't have anything to do with bands or musicians (real or fictional).
Rockfic.com does not police the content posted to the site. If you believe a fic has violated one of the rules above or for some other reason should be removed from the site, please contact Rockfic.com's administrators. You will need to provide the title of the fic, the name of the author, and the reason you are reporting it.
If you want to post a story written with another author, you have two ways of going about this.
- One of you posts it from your primary account and credits the other author in the Author's Notes.
- Create a second account that you both have access to. List in the profile who the account belongs to. Torchy_Thompson
is an example of how this has been done. This is the only time a second account is acceptable.
What Will Get You Banned
- Unnecessary drama in the forums. This includes alluding to drama in order to cause yet more drama.
- Name calling, harassment, and bullying either in private messages, chat, stories, or on the forums.
- Ganging up on a people, whether on the forums, stories, chat, or private messages.
- Slander (a malicious and false statement about another user which will cause harm to the reputation of that person), whether on the forums, stories, chat, or private messages.
- Threats of physical, emotional, or psychological abuse against another user, whether on the forums, stories, chat, or private messages.
- Sock puppet accounts. The only time a duplicate account is allowed is if you're working with another person. There are several of these accounts on Rockfic. However, if you're creating a second account just to post duplicates of your stories and/or cause drama then you can say goodbye to all of your accounts. Likewise if you have multiple accounts for the purpose of reviewing your own stories.
- Duplicate stories. If you post the same story more than once, you're putting your account in danger. Please post a story once. If you're caught with the same story more than once in the database, you'll get a warning and the copy with the least amount of reviews will be deleted. Do it more than once and you're outta here.
This list is not exhaustible and
everything will be looked at on a case by case basis
if you break the rules, you're gone.
Rockfic is a drama free zone. The only drama we want to see is in your stories. Enjoy!